Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Remotes Stopped Working, LED Light Bulb Problems

LED LIGHT BULB PROBLEMS?
We have been to a few service calls already on this subject, So when i saw this post i thought it might My complement our blog. 
My remote garage door opener stopped working. We have a Chamberlain HD900D Whisper Drive garage door opener. At first I thought from the master wall control that the 'lock' button had been activated which 'locks out' the remote control of the unit. I troubleshot this for about 3-days.
I stood underneath the garage door opener with the remote and it would work. I went into the driveway 30 ft away and it would not work. Aww, the CR2032 remote battery needs to be changed after 5-years of operation - done... Now, it's fixed~!
Not so fast. Next day pulling into the drive way with the garage door lights illuminated (newly installed LEDs, mind you). Nope, nothing - neither remote from either car will work. The remote key pad which is also RF will not work. It must be something else - not my LEDs? Really... a google search tells me my 315 Mhz garage remote operates in reality around 288 Mhz and I find that the LED bulb circuitry operates from 30 - 300 Mhz. (read: problem is not with the LED lights but the LED circuitry within the LED bulb)
So, off to the garage I go. LED lights on - no remote working. LED lights off - garage remote work. Standing in the drive-way 50 ft away. Lights OFF, RF garage door opener works. Lights on, RF remote will not work...
Not just the lights within the opener, powered by the garage door power unit, but also the adjacent garage lighting with LEDs also interferes with the garage door remote...~!
So, YES there is LED interference that will render your 315 Mhz RF garage door inoperable~! Be forewarned.
For all Your Garage Door Problems Call us today at 214-612-8375 or 972-398-8839. You can also contact us at www.garagedoorsrepairsinstallations.com. We are always ready to answer your questions.

2 comments:

  1. thanks a lot for this wonderful information really valuable information.



    Garage Door Mt Sinai NY

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a brilliant blog! I'm very happy with the comments!.. LED Exit Signs

    ReplyDelete